Get Email Updates
|Home > Issues|
Every day, the brave women and men who work in health centers face threats of murder, violence, and intimidation. Even the patients who visit these clinics are harassed. Anti-choice extremists use these tactics to block women's access to medical care. Abortion providers have to protect themselves, their families, their staff, and their patients. In fact in many places, doctors and nurses wear bullet-proof vests to work. It's no surprise that there aren't enough doctors willing to provide abortion services. We believe ALL families have the right to access the full range of healthcare safely and without fear. And we believe ALL workers have the right to go to their place of employment every day without the terror of violence and harassment.
Anti-choice intimidation and violence is unacceptable. To find out more, check out these resources:
- Anti-Choice Violence and Intimidation, report released by NARAL Pro-Choice America. January 2013.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America: Clinic Violence State Overview
- National Violence Statistics, National Abortion Federation
- Clinic Violence, National Abortion Federation
- "After Tiller" , released 2013